Thursday 5 April 2012

AIT Editor Murdered In His Home

                     

A senior staff of Africa Independent Television, (AIT), Ibrahim Muhammed who is a film editor with the Kaduna transmission centre was found dead in a pool of his blood at the early hours of Tuesday.
Although details of what may have led to his death had yet to be ascertained, there are reports that on two consecutive times, he (Ibrahim) had been trailed to the house by yet-to-be identified persons.

Speaking on the incident, his mother Hajia Hajara Muhammed said, “I woke up this morning and discovered that he was not yet awake, so I sent his daughter who stays with me to go and knock on his door; meanwhile, he returned late yesterday night and when I heard some noise on his door, I called to confirm who was that, and he answered that he was the one, so I slept off with the hope that all was well.
“When the daughter knocked at his door and there was no response, I went personally and yet, there was no response, so I pushed the door opened, only to see stains of blood on his carpet leading to his bedroom. When I got there and I saw him lifeless with stains of blood all over his body and a deep cut on his head, I called in people who confirmed that he was dead.
“I cannot tell who killed my son, but whoever did, I leave him or them to Allah who will take revenge,” she stated sorrowfully.
Ibrahim, 40 years old who hails from Borno State died in the absence of his wife, Fatima Usman who was away to their home state but had to hurriedly return to Kaduna following the sudden news of her husband’s death. According to her, “I got the news of my husband’s death so I came down; I was told that he was found dead in his room in the pool of his blood. I was told also that a deep cut was found on his head.”
Fatima Usman also confirmed that some men had earlier trailed her husband to their house sometime ago but she said her late husband did not disclose their mission and as such, no formal report was made to security operatives over the issue. She however added that her husband was not known with any questionable character prior to his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment