Friday 6 April 2012

Another Unarmed woman shot in the head by off duty policeman

                          
                                          Rekia Boyd before she was unjustly murdered
                           

                       
                    Rekia Boyd after she was shot in the head, as she lays in ICU before she finally died

It was an unseasonably warm March night when 22-year-old Rekia Boyd was gunned down by an off-duty police officer in Chicago's Lawndale neighborhood. Boyd was with a group of friends around 1 a.m. near 15th Place and Albany Avenue when off-duty Chicago Police Det. Dante Servin pulled up in an unmarked vehicle and told the group to "shut up," according to her family.


The Rekia Boyd shooting took place on the West Side of Chicago in the gentrifying Lawndale neighbourhood. About 60 to 70 people had gathered at Douglas Park to enjoy one of the first warm nights of the spring.

But the police said something else while they tried to cover up the crime commited by one of their own, here is how the police tell it:
The detective was in his car and stopped as he approached four people on the street who were causing a disturbance. When he told them to quiet down, they approached his car and one of them raised a gun and pointed it at the detective. At that point he fired a couple of shots in fear for his life. He hit two offenders who ran from the scene.
Here is how Antonio Cross, the alleged gunman, tells it:
I turn around I see him sticking his gun out of the window. I said, “Oh my God”, and I put my hand up like this (put his hand over his face to shield himself from the gunshot). I think he tried to shoot me in my face too.
He was constantly fucking shooting his gun. I never had a gun. He told me to sit down and shut the fuck up. I sat down on the pole while I looked over at that young lady’s body motionless. She moved one time and never moved again.

There were 60 or so people there. Only the police officer saw Cross with a gun. Police were unable to recover any gun from the scene.

This makes it the third unprovoked killings of blacks in the US, as record has shown that:
  • February 2nd 2012: Ramarley Graham, 18, black, unarmed, shot dead by the police. No arrest made.
  • February 26th 2012: Trayvon Martin, 17, black, unarmed, shot dead by the neighbourhood watch. No arrest made.
  • March 21st 2012: Rekia Boyd, 22, black, unarmed, shot dead by an off-duty policeman. No arrest made.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment