Thursday 19 April 2012

Meet The Oldest Super Model In The World

  

British beauty Daphne Selfe, 83, is still walking catwalks, starring in campaigns and hasn't indulged in any cosmetic enhancements - setting the world record for the Oldest Supermodel, 'I've never had anything done to my face,' Daphne says, pulling it this way and that. 'Not that poison, not a facelift. I think it's a waste of money. Anyway, I couldn't afford it!'

Daphne grew up in Berkshire, the daughter of a teacher, and was packed off to boarding school at eight. At the age of 20, working as a 'shop girl in coats' in a Reading department store, she entered a localand won.
 newspaper's modelling competition

"I'd been told I was nice looking a couple of times," but was never considered beautiful, she says. "I then started working steadily, it was wonderful."

   'I think it's partly down to good genes. My mother was a livewire, she lived until she was 95. I've never really bothered with skin cream or anything like that, although I might use a bit of Boots. I hate anything you can't take the top off and dig around for what's left in the bottom.

  'I did dye my hair at home for a while when I started to go grey in my early 40s. Occasionally, I would go into L'Oreal as a guinea pig, but it became too much of a bother.
  'My hair is long now because it's cheaper, I don't have to do anything, but put it in a topknot or a French pleat. It avoids that old lady permed look, lengthens the neck and lifts the face. I've got so many friends who don't touch the make-up pot. You should keep looking nice, it makes you feel so much better.'

 'I'm going to a meeting later about saving our local church, and I'm off to France next week to see the village that is twinned with the one where I live in Hertfordshire. I garden, I walk a lot and I do yoga — my version of yoga, I don't have time for classes.

'I can email! I've always worked, too, bits and pieces, right up until when my husband became very ill.' 'I think it's important to remain passionate about things.'

No comments:

Post a Comment