Sunday 25 March 2012

Meet The Oldest Sharpshooter In The World

                     
Oldest professional sharpshooter: Chandro Tomar sets world record. JOHRI village, Uttar Pradesh, India--Indian grandmother Chandro Tomar, 78, has entered and won over 25 national championships across India as well as raising six children and 15 grandchildren - setting the world record for the Oldest professional sharpshooter, according to World Records Academy.


Almost ten years ago Tomar took her granddaughter to a local firing range in Johri village, in Uttar Pradesh, India.
  She wanted to learn a new skill but was too shy to go alone. In the end it was Tomar who was welcomed into the club with open arms.

"As I was waiting around I decided to have a go. The coach spotted me and was amazed at my aim.
 "He told me to come back so I did. Initially I was just supporting my granddaughter but I enjoyed it so much it became a passion and I looked forward to going to the club every week," she said.
   While Tomar tended to her daily chores on her farm and raised her family, she practiced her aim whenever she could using stones and throwing them at water bottles.


  
   "I wanted to do something useful with my life and show people my capabilities," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
  "As soon as I shot my first pistol I was hooked. And now I've shown everyone there's no disadvantages to my age. If you're focused you can do anything," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment